Menu
AfxTwn
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Subtitles Out Of Sync

I have noticed when watching foreign TV shows or films on Netflix via the Tivo app, the subtitles are slightly out of sync and appear after a person has already said a sentence. This isn't a huge problem except where people are speaking fast or there is a long section of dialogue and then the subtitles can change quickly and run into someone else's dialogue due to the slight delay in them appearing. The subtitles are also shown in yellow which is a bit odd.

I have watched Netflix and the same shows via my Samsung smart TV and haven't noticed any sync issues there as the text appears as the person starts talking (rather than after they have finished) and the text is shown in white as is the standard with subtitling.

Can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
AfxTwn
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Subtitles Out Of Sync

Just an edit to my original post. The subtitles are in yellow on other services besides Tivo so that was my mistake.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Subtitles Out Of Sync

Hi Afxtwn

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I've notified our team who'll take a look at this right away.

Hope you're well

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos