Menu
chappers
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Netflix 'Start from beginning' option missing

Before the update, there was an option of selecting a film/program and then either continue watching or start from the beginning.

Now the only option is to play which is really annoying and the only way to start from the beginning is to rewind.

This is especially annoying if the film/program has been ended at the credits and would liked to be watched again, but as said, rewind is the only option.

Does Virgin have a fix for this and is there any keys on the remote that can be used with Netflix that are apart from the obvious.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 'Start from beginning' option missing

Unfortunately it's Netflix that have changed it as part of the new design, it's missing on other platforms as well.

If the programme you are watching completely finishes, then I think it resets so that the play option is from the beginning.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
gmac75
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes this has been really bugging me as we'll. Can't understand why more people aren't up in arms about it. So annoying especially when you have kids who watch things halfway then want it back to the start the next day. 

0 Kudos
mbcc
Just joined
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is really annoying! Like being back in the VHS world!

I contacted VM who advised it was Netflix that removed the functionality. I spoke to Netflix and they confirmed it was a requested change by Tivo/VM as part of the new firmware update.

Come on Virgin sort this out, either add faster rewind functionality (greater than x3!!!) or bring back the 'start from beginning' option.

BTW, if I am near the credits I fast forward to the end and rewatch rather than rewinding through the programme.

Await your response Virgin?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

mbcc wrote:

I contacted VM who advised it was Netflix that removed the functionality. I spoke to Netflix and they confirmed it was a requested change by Tivo/VM as part of the new firmware update.

Come on Virgin sort this out, either add faster rewind functionality (greater than x3!!!) or bring back the 'start from beginning' option.

BTW, if I am near the credits I fast forward to the end and rewatch rather than rewinding through the programme.

It wasn't a request by VM as stated previously it has been removed on all platforms, ask Netflix why it's been removed on PS3 did Sony request it as well?

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's a netflix issue not virgin
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As said in several places - the removal has nothing to do with Virgin.

The option start start from the beginning has been removed by Netflix in the latest version of their App on all platforms - not just TiVo.

mbcc wrote:

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Very annoying.

I've still got the option to either resume or start from beginning on my Roku box, so use that most the time as it is much quicker too.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BexTech wrote:

Very annoying.

I've still got the option to either resume or start from beginning on my Roku box, so use that most the time as it is much quicker too.

'Play from beginning' is on TiVo.

This thread is 18 months old and it looks like Netflix updated their app to add back the option across all 'TV' devices since it was discussed.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos