Menu
fatalexception
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Sound Drop Out

Hi all, with Daredevil season 2 due out this weekend I'm wondering if I should bother watching on my Tivo box.

When watching Netflix through my Tivo box I always get audio drop outs (it's connected via HDMI to an Onkyo 1007). Streaming on other devices is very hit and miss due to the utilisation issue in my area which has been ongoing since 2013. Other devices and live TV are fine through the amplifier. On demand is often stubborn to work during peak times and BBC iplayer is like a Cefax slide show.

Is the audio drop out due to the lack of capacity or is my Tivo box goosed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Sound Drop Out

Hi fatalexception,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing audio drop outs when using Netflix via TiVo®.  

I have taken a look into this for you, the audio drop-out can be related to the high demand issue affecting the network you're connected to.  Currently our engineers are working to resolve this, we should know more by 20th April 16.  If the issue hasn't improved by then, give me a shout and request an update.  The reference number for this is: F003728487  

I know you have mentioned all other devices work fine through the amplifier, what I'd like to rule out is whether or not it works without the amplifier connected. 

There's also a setting you can check out to see if it helps, follow these steps: HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > AUDIO > DOLBY DIGITAL > Change the current setting to the opposite one.

Hope this may help.  It would also be great to see if the audio issue still occurs when the amplifier is connected to the TiVo®.  It's just something to rule out if it's the case.

I have checked the box remotely and signal/power levels all look fine from here.

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fatalexception
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Sound Drop Out

Thanks Collette,

I had a binge watching session, along with the occasional drop out I had quite a few issues with spinning red icons, title not currently available and some horrid pixelation.

I do get occasional total loss of service on my broadband so it must be the utilisation fault.

Changing the setting to liner PCM I don't think would make much difference as Dolby Digital Plus is already a very efficient low bandwidth codec.

Thanks anyway 

0 Kudos