Menu
OoIANoO
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Slow to load

Why does it take forever for Netflix to load on the Virgin Tivo Box. I can literally walk off, make a cup of coffee, come back and its still loading ?!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Slow to load

Hi OoIANoO,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear Netflix is running slowly for you, I'd like to help check this out for you.  Does this happen every time you use Netflix?  Does this also happen to other apps like BBC iPlayer or YouTube? 

If you don't normally use those apps, can you give them a try and let me know how the respond please?

I have had a look at  the network and I'm pleased to say there's no high demand occurring so we can rule this out at the moment.

If you can let me know how the other Apps are I can help further.  Keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

OoIANoO
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,
Netflix and YouTube take around 4-5 minutes to load. BBC iplayer is the quickest at around 2-3 minutes. YouTube takes an age to exit at around 2 minutes and several presses of the exit button.
Many thanks
Ian
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

always has been slow, always will be. A search of old threads on same topic confirms that. I raised the issue myself ages ago.

if the forum team actually used their own products they would be aware of that.

Up to 5 minutes from pressing 204 RED to actually seeing the opening credits of a netflix show is typical. ( so is seeing it spin, spin & time out completely at x% loaded.) it's a badly designed app, but as VM buy it in from Tivo. I suspect they are powerless to improve it, even if they had the skills.

If you get a cheap roku or amazon fire stick, or similar, directly  into a HDMi slot on your TV you can be up and running in seconds, not minutes, and you get much more content than is available on Tivo. iplayer on those is also fast.

forum search for "netflix slow"

~60 results:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-boa...