Menu
StevieJee
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Not Working

Has anyone with TiVo having issues with Netflix not loading?
I've pressed the red button, the screen comes up with the little turning red cycle at the bottom, but then it just hits out with "Unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again or visit: www.netflix.com/help"

When I go into More Details and do a Check Your Network test, it passes without a problem. I've just paid for the service and I'm now wasting money because I can't watch it. Anyone got any idea what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks,

EDIT: I completed a hard reset last night and no luck, but a second off the cuff one there has fixed it. Weird, but it's resolved!

0 Kudos
bitengineer
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Not Working

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem and exactly the same symptoms you describe StevieJee.

This started on Saturday. I sort of hoped the problem would clear itself but it hasn't.

Not sure what you mean by "hard reset".  The Tivo is normally off (ie ot on standby) unless there's something set to record in the dead of night, so if you mean a complete cold start, this has happened every day since Saturday and the porblem's still there. 

If you mean using the "clear all settings and reset"  option?  Well,  worth a try I suppose. ........................ok, pause for one hour while the box updates............

Well, a sort of result.  I can now get Netflix to load but  trying to play a movie (not recent releases or anything likely to be being viewed by many) produces a "try again later" message.  Tried three or four different ones with the same result.  

What a pain!    

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi StevieJee,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you were having an issue using Netflix over the weekend. 

It's great that things are working again for you now though. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know and we'll take a look into them for you.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bitengineer, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are also getting the same issue. 

I've gone to check things today for you and the box is showing as offline so I am unable to get any stats. 

It's important to remember that the TiVo® box shouldn't be completely switched off as it won't be able to get it's updates and can cause problems. 

You should leave the TiVo® on and when not in use, pop it into standby. This will more than likely improve your TiVo® experience. Just remember to reboot it once every so often Smiley Happy 

If you can turn the TiVo® on for me, leave on and post back here once you've done that I can look further into things for you.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bitengineer
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,

Thanks for your reply.

We're relative Tivo virgins here at Bitengineer Towers as the Tivo box only arrived ~3weeks ago.  

I was in the habit of switching the V+ box off that we had previously -unless something was set to record.  I seem to recall Virgin used to recommend this as an energy saving measure. When turned back on it took some time to refresh the EPG admittedly but it didn't take THAT long -maybe 5-10mins.

I assumed the same applied to the Tivo but I'll take your advice on this and leave it in standby - I have just switched it on and put it in this state.  

Last time I tried - Wednesday(20/5/15) - Netflix normality seemed to have returned. Netflix loaded and I was able to watch a movie successfully -  well, for a few minutes before I lost interest in it and went to bed.

Regards

Bitengineer  (David).

Net 

0 Kudos
Mrmartin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I got the exact same problem - Netflix is not working on my virgin medi TIVO despit the fact that they advertise netflix and "give it for free for 6 month"

I had a customer support manager on the phone (Gilly for the record, she can explain you the full story) she explained me that because the APP is free they cant do any gesture

This is a total scam as the only reason I'm with virgin is because they gave netflix for free for 6 month and then you can watch it on your TIVO when the true is that netflix is not working with virgin media

I have no other way to watch netflix so I end up paying for netflix AND virgin for absolutely nothing .. on top of that because they gave me netflix "for free" I have to stay with them 18 month

I'm considering opening a case with which.com If we are enough people maybe they will do something and give us a refund for the 6 month when it was not working

Please contact me on this forum if you are interested in joining me

Tags (1)
0 Kudos