Menu
MikeC85
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Log in wont work

I have a new Netflix account that works fine on laptop, phone etc.  When I try and log in through my TiVo box I keep getting yhe message "the logon information you entered does not match an account in our records".  I have done this three of four times with others checking I am entering log on details correctly.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Log in wont work

Hi MikeC85

This is a strange one! I've not heard of this before and just tried my Netflix log in on the TiVo in the office and it's working fine. 

Would you be able to change your Netflix password to something that's easy to enter on the TiVo remote, just temporarily so we can check to make sure that we're not entering it slightly wrong! Also, are you able to access any of the On Demand content on the set top box?

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kavanf1
Settling in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've just signed up to say I have had the same issue - I recently changed my Netflix password on another device, and next time I tried to log in to my Tivo box, Netflix asked me to enter my password. I tried the new and old passwords, none of them work and I get the same message the user above describes. I have double checked by logging in on other devices and all work fine, so the issue must be with the Tivo box. Any advice appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi kavanf1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also having trouble access Netflix via the TiVo® service.  I'll be happy to help out here.

The password can be case sensitive, have you double checked to ensure that any upper/lower letters are entered correctly?

If you can let me know I can help further. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bigkev3579
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Try pressing HOME -SETTINGS -SYSTEM INFO -NETFLIX ACCOUNT INFO and sign out. It's possible someone else has had an account on the box.
0 Kudos
Rebeckah88
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am having th same problem. I don't have the option for Netflix accounts to sign out on my TiVo box.
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rebeckah88,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I've seen this on other devices and would like to ask you to have a little read here from one of our users, let me know how you get on:-

"press home button on TiVo remote, Select help and settings, select system info, select Netflix account information, then select sign out of Netflix account, it tells you to confirm by pressing down thumb 3 times and last channel..... Once confirmed you can press home button again go to search and discover and select Netflix, you will be asked to sign in again, use the same details as you would on tablet or computer and hopefully if like my issue it will all work for you"

You can find this here also if you want to glance over Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Rebeckah88
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ben

Thank you for that however I do not have this option on my TiVo box.

In system info there is no Netflix option on my main box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rebeckah88 Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming back to me so soon and sorry that the info hasn't solved your issue.

I would like to ask if you're able to select the channel 204, this channel is Netflix? Once you are able to get on that channel then please try and sign in if possible.

Get back to me when you can Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Rebeckah88
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ben

I have used the channel I have tried logging in and stated the same as everyone else information incorrect can log in on other devices just not the TiVo
0 Kudos