Menu
cussy007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix, Catchup and on Demand very slow ?

When using the Netflix, Catchup and on Demand functions they are very slow and sometimes do not load at all. If I can I use a PC to accesses catch-up which is miles better. Although th Tivo is a good box the software written for it is very poor.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix, Catchup and on Demand very slow ?

Hi cussy007,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. Sorry to hear that your TiVo® apps and Catch Up/On Demand services are slow or not working.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. Testing to your TiVo® shows that there is no fault with your equipment. However, I can see that there is a high demand issue in your area.

Here's the latest update on this:
We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

Currently, there is no resolution time for this issue, but it is with our engineers. Again, apologies for these issues.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
cussy007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So we are paying for a service we can not use ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi cussy007

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing and I assure you we're working hard to resolve it.

If you'd like an update regarding the ticket at any time, just respond here and I'll take a look for you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
frankers77
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Catchup and on Demand very slow ?

Hi All,

I've just joined VM (from Sky), primarily to get a faster internet connection.

With regards TiVO, we are getting used to the subtle differences from the Sky UI, but one thing that really bugs me is the very slow/buffering of BBC iPlayer.

From previous comments, it looks like an design issue with the box rather than the service itself (it worked fine with the Sky box, and on the slower Infinity connection....)

Is there any issue with the line coming into the house as it is a right pain if we have to live with this poor performance...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi frankers77

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community! I hope you've been enjoying your services since your switch Man Happy

I wanted to test your individual connection and it looks as though we're detecting some issues with the signal being sent to the set top box. In the interest of investigating this issue as soon as possible I'd like to arrange for this to be escalated for you.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, you can view it by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this issue has caused, I look forward to hearing from you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos