Menu
AndrewRG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Can't Play Title and 25% freeze

Same issue. Started a couple of months ago.  After about 15/20mins picture goes black and I get the error message of 'can't play this title at the moment'.  Sometimes on reload it freezes on 25%. (The Netflix guy said they don't buffer). Even this is inconsistent.  Sometimes it plays just fine. However, it is now unusually to watch anything without this interruption.

Talked and walked it though with Netflix.  Turned the Tivo off, unplugged waited a min then turned it back on again.  Seems it the VM data.  Can't work out why because Netflix data demand isn't that great. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306  With 200mbs promised (never actually got that, it''s usually around 85mbs) there shouldn't be an issue.  But there is!  It's VERY annoying.

What's the permanent fix?  Is it Sky? Really?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix Can't Play Title and 25% freeze

It is northing to do with the VM network!!

Exactly the same fault is being reported in lots of forums - and not just on VM network.

The issue is being reported on BT boxes on the BT network. Some PS3/4 users and Xbox users have the 25% issue.

This week I have found the fault is now being reported on Samsung Smart TVs.

The problem is a Netflix issue - although they will deny it.

It is often fixed by completely logging out on the device with the 25% error - and signing in again.

I actually suspect the issue is a fault with one of Netflix's own servers or connections.

EDIT: See TalkTalk users have also been reporting it.

chriscl wrote:

Sad state of affairs, but VM's network clearly cannot cope with demand. 

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndrewRG,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Netflix is running very well for you lately.  I'd like to help check this out for you.  

I have taken a look at your box remotely and carried out some checks.  Signal and power level wise all looks great.  Network wise all looks great there also.  I'm pleased to report there is no high demand issues affecting the network your TiVo® is connected to.

Can you please let me know if this happens on any other apps like BBC iPlayer or YouTube?  If you don't normally use them can you try them out and let me know how you get on please?

If you're also experiencing any issues with the Broadband service, we have an awesome team on hand to help check this out for you.  Just drop them a post here: Speed and they will pop by to have a look for you.

Keep me posted on how you get on, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
AndrewRG
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette

Thanks for your reply and for checking my Tivo box.  Actually, yesterday afternoon, your engineer swapped my old box for a new one. Your Tier 2 support wondered if it was a modem issue inside the Tivo box.  He too checked the signal strength.  Last night we had the same issue of Netflix stopping with the cannot play this title error message. That was with the new box. 

BBC iPlayer doesn't have the same issue.  I'll check with YouTube but I think that'll probably be ok.

It really is frustrating to have to deal with the content not playing continuously when using Netflix. We use it a lot.  Anything you can do to help it play with our interruption would be great!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndrewRG,

Thanks for your reply and getting back to me Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved after the engineer replaced the box.  In that case it will be relating on an issue were are working to resolve at present.  

I have re-checked everything with the new box and all is still looking great signal/power level wise.  Network wise all still looking great there too. 

As the TiVo® has been replaced we can rule out a faulty box.  At this stage we would conclude that you are affected by a known issue we have with this App.  It's something we have been working on for some time and hope to have a solution for soon. 

In the initial stages we like to check for underlying issues that can cause or contribute to this fault.  As we've ruled out now many factors and the fault still remains then at the moment there's nothing further we can do to alleviate the symptoms until we resolve the fault we have escalated currently with Netflix.

In the meantime you can still use Netflix via other devices as normal.  This issue is specific to TiVo® at the moment.

If you do find you have the same kind of symptoms with other apps as you test them out then let me know.  I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
AndrewRG
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Thanks for letting me now about a known issue with the Netflix App and Tivo.  I'm pleased you are working on a solution and you have escalated this with Netflix.

Netflix is an important part of my viewing and, as I am sure you will understand, it's frustrating to have this impaired. Do you have an intended timescale to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndrewRG,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

At the moment there is no timescale, although our aim is to resolve as soon as we can.  As and when we know anymore we shall share for all to know.

All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
AndrewRG
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out and my fingers crossed!
0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

AndrewRG wrote:
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out and my fingers crossed!

Don't hold your breath - it's been like this for months. 

Best option - buy an Amazon Fire Stick for £30 or thereabouts and plug it into your telly. Virtually flawless Netflix playback. Unlike the creaking TiVo platform. 

Although they will never admit that, of course. 

0 Kudos
AndrewRG
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sigh!  Yes, somebody else said the Amazon Fire Stick.

To be fair, Collette_T did say there was an issue "At this stage we would conclude that you are affected by a known issue we have with this App. It's something we have been working on for some time and hope to have a solution for soon."  

So... I'm off to John Lewis where the Fire Stick is on discount.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is northing to do with the VM network!!

Exactly the same fault is being reported in lots of forums - and not just on VM network.

The issue is being reported on BT boxes on the BT network. Some PS3/4 users and Xbox users have the 25% issue.

This week I have found the fault is now being reported on Samsung Smart TVs.

The problem is a Netflix issue - although they will deny it.

It is often fixed by completely logging out on the device with the 25% error - and signing in again.

I actually suspect the issue is a fault with one of Netflix's own servers or connections.

EDIT: See TalkTalk users have also been reporting it.

chriscl wrote:

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos