Menu
zerodbs
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Audio Dropouts

I suffer from the commonly reported TiVo problem of Netflix audio dropping out for a split second every few minutes. I've tried changing the audio settings as commonly advised but to no avail. The TiVo connects to my TV via HDMI. A similar thing happens with YouTube via TiVo, otherwise the audio is fine elsewhere. Can this be properly fixed please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Audio Dropouts

Hello zerodbs,

Thanks for posting on the community Smiley Happy

I would like to take a look into this for you but I'll just need to locate your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me requesting further information. 

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
zerodbs
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for sending out a technician in an attempt to fix this issue. However, he informed me that the fault was not specific to the condition of an individual TiVo or its signal but was one that was awaiting a general update. Sadly, the fault is still present today. Has the update been released yet or if not, when is it expected? If it has been released, then can we look into fixing the fault properly please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI zerobds

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your service, I'm not aware of an update that's been rolled out recently but we're always looking for ways to improve the service. 

That being said, the sound dropping off isn't an issue that a ticket has been raised for, how have you got your set top box connected to the TV? Do you have any audio equipment plugged in at all? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
zerodbs
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thank you for your interest. As described in my first post, "The TiVo connects to my TV via HDMI". The audio output of my TV (phono sockets) connects to a Hi-Fi amplifier but as you would expect, removing this connection makes no difference to the fault in question. If I can provide more information to support your technician's evaluation of the issue beyond that which he would have been expected to collect, please ask.

In the mean time, in the absence of either an update or ticket, I would be keen to hear more about someone connecting effectively with this issue to secure a fix.

Regards
zerodbs

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us regarding this zerodbs,

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable at all?

I've checked both the equipment levels and network segment with no obvious cause for concern detected at the moment.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
zerodbs
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your further investigations into this issue. I had tried using a different HDMI cable prior to your technician visiting and as you would expect, it makes no difference. It seems the results of your equipment checks are consistent with those the technician collected when he called, presumably re-enforcing his conclusion that the fault was not specific to the condition of an individual TiVo or its signal (and I would therefore extend this to the TV, its cabling or its peripherals). Although it does no harm to thoroughly cover old ground, I wonder if this fault should now be diagnosed in the areas where the fault may lie.

0 Kudos