Menu
guitarbloke
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Netflix App on Tivo - Verrrrrry Slooooooow

Is this normal?  At the moment, it takes easily a minute or 2 to get Netflix started and into a show.

I'm on a 100Mbps connection (allegedly) - though that's a story for another thread - so shouldn't be a problem on that front.

It's way quicker for me to flick to my Chromecast and cast Netflix from my phone to the TV instead (takes seconds).

Anyone else having the same issue?

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix App on Tivo - Verrrrrry Slooooooow

Ive got exactly the same problems,coming from apple tv 4,which works like a dream..the tivo box is good but the apps need an overhaul ,to bring the upto speed with the competition..youtube and netflix are sloooow..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you mean it is slow using it through your TiVo then yes it is.
Many comments on here about it. It's just how it is I'm afraid as the box is just old and can not keep up with todays demands.

It does not matter how fast your internet is as it does not use that to use the apps through the TiVo as it has it's own dedicated connection.
As you say you have Chromecast then I would say stick with that like I use my Fire Stick.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi guitarbloke, 

I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your TiVo as well. I will pop this across to one of my colleagues as TiVo is not my forte. 

I will take a look at the PM you popped across to me now as well. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi guitarbloke,

The lovely Emma_K has passed this to me to have a look at for you.  I hope that's ok? Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the Netflix is running slowly, I will take a look at this for you.  

I have carried out some checks with the TiVo® remotely and signal/power level wise all looks great.  There is a network issue present that has already been escalated to our network engineers to resolve.  There is high demand affecting the network your TiVo® is connected to which will cause slow responses and buffering on all Apps via TiVo®.  

You'll mainly see impact during peak hours, whilst your engineers are working to resolve this were due an update by 15th June.  If by then things haven't improved then please don't hesitate to give us a shout and request an update.  The reference number for this is F004176556.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.  If you have any further queries, please ask.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
guitarbloke
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Thanks for the reply,

Interesting that your tests showed the signal was fine - we had an engineer out today who tested the signal and said it was very low which was why we'd been getting dropouts in internet, and pixellation/breakup on the TV.

He made some changes at the cabinet and 'moved the port', which apparently should improve things, so I'll keep an eye out.  However Netflix is still unusable on the Tivo box sadly

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi guitarbloke,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear the engineer was able to get things sorted out at the cab level for you.  Hopefully this will fix the issues you've been having.  

I have had another look at your box remotely and all is still looking fine with the signal and power levels for the TiVo® right now which is great to see.  

The remaining issue you have with Netflix will be related to the high demand issue as mentioned earlier.  Work for this is expected to go on until 15th June which is when we will next be able to review this.

Even though the engineer was able to fix some issues with the signal issues found, you will still be impacted by the high demand issue in the area that will affect apps via the TiVo®.

Netflix can still be accessed through other devices, but as the Broadband has also been affected by this high demand issue you're likely to experience the same or similar symptoms.  I believe Emma has already taken care of this aspect for you.

If by the 15th June the issue hasn't improved, then please feel free to get back to us and request an update on the network issue reported.

We're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
guitarbloke
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Collette,

How do I go about requesting a credit for our TV service? Up until the engineer visited last Saturday it has been close to unwatchable since day 1. I even posted a video on the Tivo forum to show just how bad it was.

https://youtu.be/T09bWafXR8M

However we've just received a bill from Virgin for over £100 for our first month, which feels like a massive kick in the teeth - considering the 100mbps Internet is less than 40mbps most days (it's 28mbps right now, and sometimes less than 10mbps..) and also taking into account the awful tv service for the first 4 weeks.

Ironically, the only aspect of the Virgin Media service that has worked is the one we will hardly ever use - the phone line.

If you could steer me in the right direction to request a credit, that would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sean
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sean

I've sent you a private message to discuss the service you've received recently and what we're able to do to help. You can view it by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos