Menu
jeng2091
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Activation

Hi. I understand that I need a code to activate my free Netflix account? How do I get this (I joined Virgin almost a year ago and do not have any documentation with a reference on it. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Activation

The posts you're seeing relate to those customers who signed up with a Netflix free for six months offer. Since you signed up a year ago, you'd have had an entirely different offer. In any case, the Netflix app for the TiVo only needs you have an account with Netflix, which you'd use to sign in to the app with. 

You can register a Netflix account and get a month free on a basic plan, do so through their website: https://www.netflix.com/gb/ then sign the account into your Netflix app. After one month you will have to pop your credit or debt card details into your Netflix account to keep using it.

If you had joined up with an offer that came free for six months, you would register a Netflix account then redeem your code via this page: https://www.netflix.com/redeem?locale=en-GB

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Sqw68
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also just joined - where would I get the activation code from? Can't seem to see it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sqw68 wrote:

Also just joined - where would I get the activation code from? Can't seem to see it.

It should be emailed to you by up to 5 days afters installation of your services, it would be sent to the email address you gave VM when signing up. Ensure that the spam folder is checked during this period. If it isn't received during that period, there are number of ways to obtain your Netflix code:

* Wait up to three days for a response from a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here - they can tell you your Netflix code.
* Ring 150 from a VM / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> option 1 -> confirm your details -> enter the menu -> option 4 -> option 1. Ask for your Netflix code.
* [Currently not available - but maybe later]  Use the web chat from a desktop or laptop between 8AM to 8PM M-F, 9AM to 5PM Sa: Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat online. If all agents are busy, reload the page every three minutes and check again.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Sqw68
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - only installed yesterday so will wait.
0 Kudos