Menu
Dixie2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix 25%

Can't believe reading posts since 2014 that the 25% loading problem with Netflix has still not been sorted. It appears to be both a broadband issue and a Netflix issue and I would have this would have been resolved. I am advised that sky does not have this issue, may be time to mov.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 25%

You are correct in saying that Sky doesn't have the issue - it doesn't support the app of their tv platform.

The problem is down to Netflix and it now seems to be an issue across different ISPs and different devices.

The dodgy app is now also being rolled out to Smart tvs.

It seems to be random as to whether you get the problem or not - nothing to do with the device or broadband provider.

It can sometimes be overcome by logging out and logging back in again.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
AndrewRG
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issues. VM Tivo - frequent 'cant play this title' error message during show, then freezing at 25%.  After trying a number of solutions I believe it's an issue with the VM Netflix app. I now use the Netflix app on my Panasonic TV.  It's error free and very fast to load. Significantly faster than the VM app.

Suggestion from other is use Amazon Firestick.  Not tried that so can't comment.

No doubt in my mind that the issue is with the VM Netflix app.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SteerPike
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had the Netflix freezes at 25% problem with TiVO and with Sony Bravia apps but it worked on PC and Kindle.

The same problem has been reported widely on other platforms, I believe that the issue is caused by Netflix.

My solution was to cancel my Netflix subscription, I haven't had any problems since ;-)

0 Kudos
AndrewRG
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All I can say is Netflix works without trouble on my Panasonic TV. Not on the VM Tivo.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Like I sais in my first post - it is purely random.

You may have it fine on your tv and not on your TiVo - while others may have it fine on TiVo and not on their tv.

I've never had the issue on TiVo - but have on my Xbox.

AndrewRG wrote:

All I can say is Netflix works without trouble on my Panasonic TV. Not on the VM Tivo.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Evelyn60
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Has happened to me as well, totally unwatchable .  Works ok on laptop . 

0 Kudos