Menu
Bethcallaghan_
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Need a replacement tivo box

I rang up about my defective box and all i could get was an appointment for next week for someone to come out and try and fix a box that is beyond repair so i thought i would ask for help here instead
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a replacement tivo box

The technician will decide if the box is beyond repair when he arrives
0 Kudos
Bethcallaghan_
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A pint of water got all spilled over it, trust me, its beyond repair
0 Kudos
pjinls12
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

who pays for the replacement box if it is beyond repair, due to general wear and tear?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

pjinls12 wrote:

who pays for the replacement box if it is beyond repair, due to general wear and tear?

If the box has failed due to the normal range of problems, e.g. failed HDD, etc. then VM will usually replace it free of charge, once an engineer is satisfied that is the case. Most replacements fall in to this category.

If, for example, someone was to pour water over it, that may be classed as deliberate damage.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am afraid Frank is right it is not a box that has failed mechanically so you will incur a charge to replace it.
0 Kudos
Bethcallaghan_
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Anyone know how much it will be and hlw i can do this, ive rang the helpline 3 times asking and theyve said everytime hat they need to send someone out
0 Kudos
Bethcallaghan_
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The water wasn't "poured" over it, it was spilled, completely accidental, why would anyone deliberatly pour water over their t.v box?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

An accident is still your responsibility, not Virgin Media's, hence why you have to pay. I would expect you to claim against your house contents insurance.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Bethcallaghan_ wrote:
The water wasn't "poured" over it, it was spilled, completely accidental, why would anyone deliberatly pour water over their t.v box?

If you had read my post properly then you would have seen it was a reply to pjinls12 and I was trying to explain the criteria for a box being replaced free of charge or not. Your post had simply provided me with a possible example.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos