Menu
Click4
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Need a replacement tivo box

Hi,

I need a replacement TiVo box sent out please.

My TiVo box ending in serial number MHZ is not working, all the lights on the front are lit up but its not loading or doing anything.

Tried power cycling it several times, but no change.

The other 2x TiVo boxes in the house are fine which rules out a problem with the services coming into the house.

Already checked my signal levels via hub, and they are within spec.

Also swapped the box with another one in the house to rule out a cable problem going into the box.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need a replacement tivo box

Hi Click4,

Thank you for your message Smiley Happy I'm sorry I've not been in touch sooner.

I've just popped you over a PM so have a look and let me know Smiley Happy

Take care and all the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Click4
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I know it will probably need a repair technician booked.

But if there is a facility like the self install I just did on another tivo box I was sent, that would be better.

Theres nothing an engineer is going to do other than check signal levels, check connection.. and confirm box is dead.
I know its dead already, as above, that cable into it is fine (currently swapped it with another box from another room temporarily), signal levels are within spec etc.

Last time I had a repair technician out to replace a box it was not a nice experience, so I dont want a repeat of it.

Because last time, instead of just swapping the box out and being on his way he insisted on going into every room in the house, to check the other 3 boxes, and some of the rooms were a mess at the time because it was unexpected...and then wanting access to the under stairs cuboard where to check broadband modem... which again was a nuisance because of the cat litter tray located on the floor in there, washing machine, dryer etc...where he then proceeded to got mixed up and started questioning my tv distribution wiring setup mistaking it for VM equipment even though its not remotely like anything VM fit just because it was a wall mounted unit with a load of coax cables going into it with F-Connector terminations on the end.. then messing around outside in the front garden opening up the brown box checking everything inside the omni.

Everything was, working fine at the time and im more familiar with the setup than most and personally make sure all connections are tight with a spanner etc, and this time will be more of a nuisance if i get a repeat of this, because ive since had a fake chimney built in the lounge, and all the wiring is hidden away inside it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I would be tempted to phone customer services & check there isnt an account issue first. The new cardless TiVO's must authorise with the accounting system each time they are rebooted. If there is an error on the account, it will prevent the box from loading.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Click4
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated Smiley Happy don't think there is an account issue with the box, it also has a card this box.

Unfortunately It doesn't even boot up, no starting up message, nothing displayed on the screen etc.

Just all the lights on front of box illuminated like a Christmas tree.

I know my previous reply sounds like I'm being funny about the technicians.

I appreciate he was just trying to do his job properly, and be thorough... and that VM is entitled access to their equipment for the purposes of maintenance.

But when there was absolutely no other fault with anything else on my installation, I go around making sure all connections are tight and that I check my signal levels regularly... It was a bit of an unnecessary nuisance when he started asking to enter every room
In the house, some of which was untidy which was embarrassing and access the under stairs cupboard when it's not normally easily accessible to other people due to washing machine, drier and cat litter tray in there.

Then when he did get in there not able to identify difference between VM fitted equipment and my own equipment and interrogate me on it because he was confused why there was a wall mounted box with about 9 cables going into it right next to the tratec isolator with power injector for the vm HDU.

I mean since when have VM used labgear equipment!

That I found annoying.

And I simply don't want a repeat of
It, ever since then I've loathed having to call out a repair technician again through fear of a repeat... But due to box failing I may not have a choice again Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

All lights = Dead TiVo box. I believe the forum team can order a quick start replacement Tivo Box.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Click4
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hope so.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Click4,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to get in touch, welcome back Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the what sounds like a dying if not dead box, I've been into the connection and can see that the box is not longer communication with us sadly. I'd like to get this sorted and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

0 Kudos
Click4
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you for your reply, I have not received any private message?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Click4,

Many apologies on this, I can confirm that this has been sent.

Can you please re check your 'Inbox' and let me know if you've received it? 

Thank you.

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Click4,

Thank you for your reply here Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that I've not been in touch sooner, I've been monitoring some development and holding off on booking anything. As of the 31st there has been an SNR issue identified on the network segment you are connected to, this is for both TV and broadband. 

I have a fault reference number here F004130333 and the estimated review date for this is 11/01/16. 

We already have engineers on site working with the network and I should have more information for you closer to the time. Sending out an engineer at this moment wouldn't benefit you as they will be concentrating their efforts in resolving this and preventing this blanket fault.

Thanks for keepin in touch and be sure to bump this closer to the date.

Ben

0 Kudos