Menu
showshifter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My tivo box reboots every evening.

My tivo box reboots randomly every evening at different times. This has only started since my broadband router was changed to give me the 200mb internet. Can any one offer a suggestion  as to what can be the problem can be as this is very fustrating.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My tivo box reboots every evening.

In theory it shouldn't have anything to do with your router as your TiVo has its own 10mb connection. That said it uses the same cable so who knows! 

Lid be tempted to get an engineer. Could be a fairly simple cabling fix. 

0 Kudos
showshifter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have checked all cables for tightness and changed the hdmi cable and also used a different hdmi input. Yesterday it was even worse it rebooted 3 times during the course of the evening. I think a call from an engineer is going to be the only answer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi showshifter,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® has been rebooting itself since your Broadband service has changed.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine at present with the signal/power levels.

Is the issue still happening?  If so, let me know and I can check further. Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
showshifter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response Collette_t.  On Tuesday we only got see one complete program between 5.30pm and 10pm the box rebooting it's self 3 times where as last night it only did it once a4round 6.00pm. We have had a tivo box for ages and this is the first problem we have had.. It seem very much a coincidence it started after having the broadband  router changed. Hope you can spot something wrong from your end.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You should phone 150 from your virgin phone and get an engineer down.

My experience tells me that if you have an issue, regardless of what people say on here - and that includes the official virgin people who do try and help- that the quickest and most effective action is to phone the help line, do what they ask you to do, and book an appointment as soon as you can.

These forums are message and discussion boards and if you want action go to 150.  Once you get an engineer they are happy to talk to you and help you -but don't let them go until you see that everything works.

In the meantime, I would personally switch everything off from the box and then turn off the from the electricity for at least 10 minutes as sometimes this can purge it.  it may also mean it doesn't reconnect at all which happened to me before!!

but get the engineer down -and never hesitate to ask for that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi showshifter,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have taken a further look, at the moment all looks sound with the signal and power levels.  However that doesn't mean there isn't a fault.  It could be the signal suddenly drops out causing the box to reboot.  

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.  All the details will be in a private message.

Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

showshifter
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, I had noticed that yesterday as well as rebooting every so often the box had got very slow when changing menus so last night I did a complete reset of the box, deleting everything and reinstalling the box's software. I'm happy to see how it goes now. If fault still persists let you know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply showshifter,

That's no problem at all, thanks for letting me know.  

If the fault does appear again, just give me a shout and I will be here to help.

Have a lovely week end.

Collette Smiley Happy

showshifter
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, well it seems like resetting the box and reinstalling the software did the trick.

I reset it on Friday evening and it has worked all weekend with out a problem.

Thanks for being around to help.

Fingers crossed you don't hear from me again.

Cheers

Thanks 

0 Kudos