Menu
Sharrison1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My tivo box keeps freezing

My TiVo box keeps freezing whilst we are watching normal TV or recorded programmes. Can you help please. Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: My tivo box keeps freezing

Hi Sharrison1000

Sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on it for you. 

We're not seeing any issues being detected from our end at the moment,  are the issues all occurring when watching / recording the same channel or is this happening over multiple channels?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sharrison1000
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for getting back to me. It seems to be happening every time we watch something that has been recorded.

The recording seems to play ok at the beginning but then at various times whilst we are watching the recording the picture breaks up, stutters or just freezes.

I don't know if its relevant but we have just re watched something we recorded over Christmas and when we originally watched it everything played perfectly but tonight it again stuttered and froze.

We have recently moved the TiVo box into the front room rather than the back room, but have checked that all the wires are tight, maybe moving it has caused the issue as we can't recall it freezing when it was in the back room.

Hope you can help. Could an engineer come and check it out?

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve

Thanks for getting back to me, it's certainly a strange one. Would you be able to plug the set top box back to where it was initially just to test it? I'd like to run some tests to compare the results too.

As this has been happening for a little while, I'm guessing it's happening over multiple channels?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sharrison1000
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, i will try and set it up in the old room ready for Tuesday evening if that's ok for you to test it. Yes it is happening on multiple channels unfortunately. Sometimes watching the recording is unbearable. I finally sat down to watch the final race of the Isle of Man TT races (Itv4) and the recording just kept jumping so half the race was just a blur of fuzzy screen, almost like watching it on fast forward?

Thanks again.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Steve, 

I'm really sorry that the fault has been continuing for you. 

I've run some further checks on the TiVo® and like when Craig run the testing all the power levels are fine, however we are now seeing an issue with the Hard Drive, so I'd like to look into booking a technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message saying how we can move on with this. If you look to the top left of this page you'll see a red envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Cheers and apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI Steve, 

Just thought I'd check in with you to see if you've been able to see my private message with the offer of a technician visit.

Should you wish for me to arrange this, just let me know. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Schu32
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We also had this problem and an engineer came out and replaced our box which was about 2 years old, we were told it was a harddrive failure problem, 2 months after having our box replaced the new box is now doing the same .. Grrrr.

it is always when viewing recorded programs, doesnt matter what channel they were recorded from. Sometimes you can fast forward through the freeze point but other times it just stays frozen. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Shu32

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service, you've mentioned you experienced these issues a little while ago, how is it going at the moment?

If you're still experiencing the problem with your recorded content, let me know and I'll take a closer look from our end.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
Iaincsb
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

i have been having the same issues for some weeks now.  

Can you test and advise please

Thanks

Iain

0 Kudos