Menu
craftyjan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My picture and on screen text has gone blurry like a 3d effect, we have a normal samsung TV

My picture and on screen text has gone blurry like a 3d effect over the last two days, dont know what has happened or how to fix it, and any help please

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My picture and on screen text has gone blurry like a 3d effect, we have a normal samsung TV

Hi Craftyjan,

Good morning and thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to the Community Smiley Happy Id like to wish you a warm welcome from the team and I.

I'm sorry to read about the TV, that 3D effect must give you quite a headache! I'd love to help and just so we're narrowing this down, can you tell me what box you're viewing this on, just so I can delve in a little deeper for you? Smiley Happy

In the meantime, I have some first hand tips for. Can you please have a go at the following for me please?:-

• Give the cable a look at, are they in tightly, check the HDMI cable or possibly try an additional one if possible?
  • Are you seeing this on certain times of day?
  • Does this happen on specific channels or is this all around blurriness regardless?

With that all tried out please get back to me when you can and take care.

Speak to you soon.

Ben Smiley Happy

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
craftyjan
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My picture and on screen text has gone blurry like a 3d effect, we have a normal samsung TV

Thanks Ben

The box it happens on is the TIVO Box,l have been told its called ghosting, but not sure if that is correct

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi craftyjan, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

Can you please answer the questions Ben has asked you in his post. This will give us more of an understanding with what's happening.

Come back soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ghosting is something that happened in the old Analogue TV days, when you had trees or buildings interfering the signal to the TV aerial. It won't be anything to do with what you're seeing on the TiVo.

To be honest, if you were able to post a screenshot people would likely have much more of an idea what the problem is (my money is on something wrong in the TV settings).
0 Kudos