Menu
Simon20
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My new Tivo box makes an unacceptable noise;

The box makes an unacceptable rumbling noise when switched on (the TV does not need to be on), but it disturbs viewing when it is on.

The noise sounds like either the hard disk or the receiving of data...I am not happy with this piece of technology, and if there is no solution to it, the box will have to be returned.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My new Tivo box makes an unacceptable noise;

It will be the HDD buffering whatever channels it is tuned to, it does depend where you have it installed to an extent - I can't hear mine at all.

Out of interest, do you have a Samsung or Cisco manufactured unit, 500Gb or 1TB?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Simon20
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I thought that might be the case, but the fault is with the box, not my furniture - that's what I'm saying to Virgin...

It's a Cisco 500gb

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon20,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® box is noisy.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and can see that you have called in and reported this, and that an engineer appointment was arranged for you.

Please let me know how the appointment went and if the noisy issue with your TiVo has been fixed.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos