Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (612 Views)

My 'new' Tivo box is almost 6 years old

Hi,

I've had pixelation problems on my 1TB Samsung Tivo box, which was installed last July (as a new customer).

The service desk ran some remote tests and identified it as a box problem, and they have sent me out a new box. On inspection I find it is made my Cisco and was built in September 2011 (there is a label with the build date on the bottom).

Checking on the web I see that Cisco boxes are an earlier version than the Samsung one I have. Will the Cisco unit deliver the necessary performance / quality of service or is the Samsung unit better?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Community elder
Message 2 of 4 (1,135 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by nick1905
‎20-06-2017 12:45

Re: My 'new' Tivo box is almost 6 years old

I  have had a number of Tivos over the years and my preference is always to have a Cisco. In my experience they outperform the Samsungs.

I was disappointed to have my last Cisco Tivo replaced by a Samsung.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team)

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Community elder
Message 2 of 4 (1,136 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by nick1905
‎20-06-2017 12:45

I  have had a number of Tivos over the years and my preference is always to have a Cisco. In my experience they outperform the Samsungs.

I was disappointed to have my last Cisco Tivo replaced by a Samsung.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team)
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 3 of 4 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]

i expect that VM quit ordering "new " new ones ages ago and are recycling the ones that still ( sort of ) work

if i were asked to recommend a strategy ( fat chance) , I'd say take a year or so to to update & debug the V6 as best you can,  than make that the only supported box going forward

much like they are doing with hubs - you want a hub ?, well  you can have the hub 3 - in black - or optionally the hub 3 - in white. [ the gamer model hub 3 turbo edition, with the go-faster stripes, has sold out - sorry ]

the hub 1 is almost gone , the 2 and the 2ac will be gone once they can pry the remaining few out of avid gamer's clutches

I think sky have a similar approach - you'd like sky TV : well there's'Sky Q - in medium, or there's Sky Q - in large. - & would you like some sky Q minis with that. all the older stuff is no longer offered.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 4 (540 Views)

From what I here about the Hub 3, they will need to pry my SH2 out of my hands.

0 Kudos