Menu
Muadeeb
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My new Tivo Picture quality is poor compared with my old Tivo

Hi all,

I have recently had my Tvio box replaced(well 3 times now) and the picture quality is very poor compared with my old Tivo. it is like i need new glasses!

Ok from the top:

My old Tivo (one of the first Cisco boxes) was starting to play up, well the HDD was, so i asked for it to be looked at and they replaced it. All they did was replace the box(a new Samsung) and the power, no HDMI or any other cable no Tv setting were changed either. I then started to watch it and the picture was shocking, like i was watching the picture through a pair of tights. And the adverts were worse and the writing on them is all blurred and looks like it was designed on a Spectrum! Also noticed that HD on some channels was now stuttering with fast moving pictures, like a pan round a room etc. So I contacted VM and after some mixups(basically the first engineer call out was cancelled and i ask it not to be and i wasted a day my time so called and got another one set up) they sent out and engineer, this engineer replaced my box again with a repaired Cisco box, but the same thing poor picture. Now at this point I must say that my TV has had not changes in-fact the whole setup is as it was before my old Tivo was replaced.

I contacted VM once more and ask for another engineer, he turns up on a friday and states the picture is fine, i am stating that it is not as good as it was he ask his manager about it. The engineer states that his manager will come out with a TV to test it on the next day, a Saturday. So I wait in all day for him, another day wasted, but he does not turn up or phone. So i phone up VM again ask what is going on. Then finally I get a call from the manager and another engineer comes out. This engineer again replaces the Tivo box with a new Samsung, he also replaces the splitter, checks all the cables from the house to the box out side etc and stats all is good. But I am still saying the picture is poor and am now awaiting a call from the manager. Not sure what i am going to say to him yet.

So there is my story has any one else noticed this?

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: My new Tivo Picture quality is poor compared with my old Tivo

Hi Muadeeb,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear that you've had an ongoing issue with poor picture since your box was replaced.  I'd like to help get this sorted for you.

Have you heard anything back at all since you last posted?  If not, let me know and I will see what I can do to get things moving forward.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Muadeeb
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette,

Thanks for your response. As yet I have not had contact from the Manager as was stated he would by the Manager and the engineer! I was thinking of contacting VM tonight to see what is going on.

Thanks again for you reply.

0 Kudos
Muadeeb
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies i spelt your name wrong Smiley Sad sorry Collette
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Muadeeb,

Thank you for your reply.

No worries at all regarding the name. Smiley Happy

I will see what I can do to get this chased up for you.  I will contact the engineering team and see what I can find out and update you when I  hear back.

I usually get quick replies but may not always be the case.  I will come back to you tomorrow if I don't hear back right away.

You're in my calendar so I won't forget Smiley Happy

I'll be in touch with you as soon as I hear back.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Muadeeb,

I have been contacted by an engineer advising they've been in touch with you. Smiley Happy

I hope all goes well, it would be great if you could let me know how you get on afterwards.  

I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Muadeeb
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

The engineers came out to do an assessment, and although were very helpful were unable to sort out my issue. I have given the new Tivo box they replaced for me a week and am still very disappointed. i am currently looking at Sky to see how the deals are. The only issue i have is that i have started an 18 month contract with your selfies at the start of my issues. As they issues were reported with in the 14 day cool off period i will be using this as a way to cancel this contract. i am hoping that Sky will be able to deliver a better picture for me, as i don't think i will ever have the picture quality i had with my old box as the quality of the Tivo boxes that are produced now is very poor.

Thanks for all you help on this.

Take Care

Steven

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven, 

Thank you for coming back. I'm sorry to hear that you have started steps in leaving us. 

With the engineer been and gone, It's a shame that it wasn't the desired outcome you were looking for

I would still like to help and if you do change your mind then please let me know.

I have looked into the connection and I've not been able to see anything currently out of the ordinary here, has this had any difference since Wednesday?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos