Menu
michelef
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My netflix always buffers through tivo but connection is fine through my kindle

I can never watch netflix though tivo. After few minutes it starts buffering. Netflix is fine through kindle etc

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My netflix always buffers through tivo but connection is fine through my kindle

HI michelef

Thanks for letting us know about the  Netflix buffering via the TiVo® app and my apologies you are affected in this way.  It's great that you chose the forums to post about the issue you're having so we can look at helping you in the best way we can and welcome to the community.

We are aware of the Netflix issue and work is being done to the system to resolve this issue.  There will be a future update to rectify this for everyone currently affected.  

From a personal perspective I have seen my own TiVo® box do this and then a day or two later it's worked fine again, so hopefully yours rectifies itself in the near future like mine did for me.  If not then we have a workaround being looked at for the future update mentioned.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can look into for you on your behalf.

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
michelef
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My netflix always buffers through tivo but connection is fine through my kindle

Thanks Karen for your reply. However, my tivo has been doing this for months! I have yet to watch anything the whole way through! I read last year that virgin were looking at this. Why is it taking so long to sort?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there michelef, 

The issue is not one that was easily tracked, as it doesn't happen the same for all customers. If we were to pinpoint it to a certain type of box, or certain region then it would be a lot easier to work on, but this has not been the case - I have two TiVo® boxes, and it plays fine on one of my boxes, but then on my other one I get the issue every now and then. The work that is being completed has been quite complicated, involving our technicians, TiVo® engineers and Netflix engineers. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos