Menu
leswarwick
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My brand new Tivo box is making a clicking noise which can be heard above the TV and is very annoyin

Does anybody else have a noisy Tivo box? What can I do about it?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My brand new Tivo box is making a clicking noise which can be heard above the TV and is very ...

Hi Leswarwick, 

Thanks for coming by for the first time, welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I can understand when there's distractions while watching your favourite show it can be annoying, I'm sorry to hear about the clicking.

Can you please tell me if this clicking is while recording, changing channels, while starting up or constantly?

please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
wing
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My brand new Tivo box is making a clicking noise which can be heard above the TV and is very ...

I do get some noise when fast forwarding a YT video clip.
0 Kudos
wing
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I do get noise when trying to fast forward a YT video.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wing, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you;re also having noise issues on the TiVo, sometimes there are some moving part noises which can be the result of the hard drive, which is completely normal. Are you finding this on all services inside the TiVo?

Pleas stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
leswarwick
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's constant when the TV is on. I understand that others have had the same problem and it seems to be the HDD which you can check on remotely. Could you do that for me please. Lesley
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lesley,

Many thanks for coming back to us to confirm the latest from your end.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests on the hard drive. I'm not able to detect any remote faults on this occasion. As the clicking is constant then it would need an engineer to attend to identify the cause of the problem.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos