Menu
HIH
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My box has a blue light and flashing red light, anyone know what the problem is?

This has been going on since 05.30 this morning, any ideas how to rectify it?

vorbei
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My box has a blue light and flashing red light, anyone know what the problem is?

Same here.  When I switch on the TV there is a banner saying that it's being updated and is updating stage 1 of 3 but it's been like this for ages.

Mylittlepony
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My box has a blue light and flashing red light, anyone know what the problem is?

I had same problem, son has just switched the power off then back on again button at back of box and has solved the problem, Update completed and now working fine
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @HIH

Your TiVo box should now be working fine again.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

@vorbei - we're still looking at yours, and are trying to get it back working for you. 

I'll update this thread when I have more information.

Thanks

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pistol
Settling in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same happened to me. Despite the screen saying do not turn off, ironically, that is what cured it.
0 Kudos
vorbei
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box is now working correctly.  I'm not sure if this is coincidence or if you have manually fixed it.  Thank you for your help.

Just out of interest, what was the updated software that it was installing?  Is this likely to happen again?

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vorbei, 

Many thanks for coming back to us and keeping us all up to date here, I'm really chuffed to hear it's been sorted Smiley Happy

Just to answer your question about software, you will have regular updates but from rare occasions customers have explained that in the past it may do this, but as again this is a rare occasion. 

If you'd ever like to look at your Software version out of interest, you can find it from your TiVo remote:-

Home>>>Help&Settings>>>System Info>>>System Info.

I hop this has helped and also if there's anything you need, please let me know or one of the team Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know