Menu
sacky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box keeps recording things that i have not set up. WHY? and how do i stop it from doing this

My Tivo box keeps recording things that i have not set up. WHY? and how do i stop it from doing this ?

Helpful Answers
sacky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Tivo box keeps recording things that i have not set up. WHY? and how do i stop it from doi...

Thanks to the forum the problem is solved i turned off the suggestions and it did the trick.

Thanks Sacky

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo box keeps recording things that i have not set up. WHY? and how do i stop it from doing this

This has already been answered on the other thread you created http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/why-does-my-tivo-box-record-programs-that-i-have-not-set-up...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo box keeps recording things that i have not set up. WHY? and how do i stop it from doing this

I think you may need to cancel 'suggestions' on your set-up page. Also, if you enter a title name within your 'wishlist' your box may record a different programme to the one you requested unless you add more information such as actor's names etc.. ie. entering 'Retreat' (the film) will also result in recordings of any tv series episodes of that name unless you add 'film' or an actor's name to the wishlist.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo box keeps recording things that i have not set up. WHY? and how do i stop it from doi...

Hi sacky,

I just wanted to pop by and see how you're getting on.  Has turning off the 'Suggestions' helped?

If you're still having any troubles with this, don't hesitate to give me a shout.  I'm here if you need me.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sacky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks to the forum the problem is solved i turned off the suggestions and it did the trick.

Thanks Sacky

0 Kudos