Menu
Graham3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box keeps going into standby mode even though I am watching it.Can I extend the time

I understand that the Tivo  box is designed to go into standby mode as a power saving device, but is there anyway of extending the time before it does this. I am not a channel hopper and when watching a film or something it is very annoying getting a message telling me that my box will go into standby mode unless I push a button to stop it.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Tivo box keeps going into standby mode even though I am watching it.Can I extend the time

You can set your TiVo box so it goes into standby if you haven’t used it for two or four hours. To change your default setting, go to Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power Saving Settings. No matter which power mode you choose, your TiVo box will always record any shows you have scheduled to be recorded during the standby time.

The power saving settings you can choose are:

• Snooze, with Suggestions turned on - after being idle for 4 hours, your TiVo box will enter standby, Suggestions will be recorded.
  • Snooze, with Suggestions turned off – after being idle for 4 hours, your TiVo box will enter standby, Suggestions will not be recorded. This means you're running your TiVo box energy efficiently and speedily.
  • Sleep - to save the most power this mode means your TiVo box will go into standby after 2 hours of inactivity and Suggestions will not be recorded.

Or, if you would rather your TiVo box was working at its speediest but don't mind about saving power, you can switch your power saving off entirely.

Copied from http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.

All Replies
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo box keeps going into standby mode even though I am watching it.Can I extend the time

There is an option somewhere in the settings, can't remember if you can extend the time but I know you can turn the auto-standby feature off completely, because I've done it!

0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can set your TiVo box so it goes into standby if you haven’t used it for two or four hours. To change your default setting, go to Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power Saving Settings. No matter which power mode you choose, your TiVo box will always record any shows you have scheduled to be recorded during the standby time.

The power saving settings you can choose are:

• Snooze, with Suggestions turned on - after being idle for 4 hours, your TiVo box will enter standby, Suggestions will be recorded.
  • Snooze, with Suggestions turned off – after being idle for 4 hours, your TiVo box will enter standby, Suggestions will not be recorded. This means you're running your TiVo box energy efficiently and speedily.
  • Sleep - to save the most power this mode means your TiVo box will go into standby after 2 hours of inactivity and Suggestions will not be recorded.

Or, if you would rather your TiVo box was working at its speediest but don't mind about saving power, you can switch your power saving off entirely.

Copied from http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
tammcc
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have this feature turned of, and this would not explain why the TV switches of immediatly the Tivo goes into sleep mode. Thanks for your assistance will phone faults dept and see if they can check the Tivo from their end.
0 Kudos
tammcc
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oops posted on wrong question.
0 Kudos