Menu
Waldo2108
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box hard drive just clicks all the time when on standby. Impossible to sit and read.

My Tivo box hard drive just clicks all the time when on standby. Impossible to sit and read.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo box hard drive just clicks all the time when on standby. Impossible to sit and read.

It won't when it's on Standby unless it's recording something.

I assume you mean when your TV is on standby?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo box hard drive just clicks all the time when on standby. Impossible to sit and read.

Is the behaviour similar to what is described here

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-Keeps-Spinning-Up-Down/m-p/323225...

And has only been doing it since the last update?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos