Menu
Dtp33
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo Box in noisy

I was recently upgraded to Tivo, when i'd called with a problem with my broadband. I'd previously had no problem with my Samsung box. The noise from from the Tivo box was loud drumming, an engineer called out and swapped it for another. This new one, although it is a bit quieter, also drums. An engineer called out again last week and told me that i must have sensitive hearing and these boxes do make some noise. I appreciate some noise, but i'm fed up with it. It's really disturbing throughout the night and can be heard over my television. I would much prefer my original box back, but was told that I can't and have to keep the Tivo box. I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks
0 Kudos
sadgit1971
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo Box in noisy

Buy some rubber feet, mats for it. Mine is still damn loud but this does help a little bit.

0 Kudos
Dtp33
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried putting rubber and felt underneath. It's slightly better, but still really annoying. Seriously considering cancelling my contract now.
I have this box in my bedroom and it's not really the best place for a noisy piece of equipment 😞
0 Kudos
sadgit1971
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They do chug chug chug chug away. Mine appears to be getting worse and when not using it, I put it into standby mode. Does the sound damped down if you press the top of the tivo box?

0 Kudos
Dtp33
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It makes no difference if i press the top. If i cover it, it helps, but don't want to Overheat it.
I ended up switching it off totally last night, to get some sleep.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dtp33,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that your replacement TiVo box is noisy as well. 

I'd like to look into this further for you so that we can get this sorted out, but I will need to take more information from you.  I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos