Menu
Jvess
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box turns on in the night

3 times in the last week my TiVo box has switched on in the middle of the night (5.00 am last night - St. Albans area). Does anyone know how to stop it (other than unplugging it...)? Thanks
0 Kudos
Ben_1D
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TiVo box turns on in the night

Mine too. Around 2am. Connected to the sound system so quite unsettling. It's happened several times over the last few months. Always plugged in and on standby when not in use.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jvess Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting, welcome in Smiley Happy

I would like to help and ask if you could check on your power saving settings and see if this is turned off?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jvess
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, my TVs settings are power saving: 'standard' and idle tv standby: 'off'.

But my tv doesn't turn on, my virgin box does and it is linked to my soundbar; so lots of sound (happened again last night) and no picture...also, it only happens at night? J
0 Kudos
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has been happening to me too - see here for my recent post. My 'solution' is to make sure it's on some channel that has no sound overnight. Cbeebies doesn't wakeup until 6am, for example, and there are others. Who thought having the box come back in a 'woken up' state after being reset was a good idea?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben_1D,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, welcome into the Community.

This looks like it's turning on during the updating hours of 1am and 6am, but this isn't definitive, it depends on the box. I would suggest that whilst this is something that happens, keeping the sound system turned off in the evening would be a good idea as mentioned.

I have tested the TiVo just in case and she's running well, which is a good sign Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos