Menu
All1son
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box shows it's recording random shows but there are no recordings.

My TiVo box sometimes records up to 3 programmes at a time for no reason, often changing from the channel I'm watching, these shows aren't in suggestions nor are they programmed to record. I have to deal with these 'recordings' by finding them whilst the red light shows, but nothing appears in my shows. So my TiVo is recording nothing, using power and changing channel for no reason. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TiVo box shows it's recording random shows but there are no recordings.

A couple of thoughts that may or may not be helpful

have you got any old series links or wishlists set up that could be causing the problem?

also the easiest way (if you didn't know already) to find programmes that are recording is to press the info button on the remote and then scroll down the list on the screen to the 'R' symbol

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there All1son, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this rather strange issue with your recordings and to be honest it has baffled me a little. Normally this would be down to suggestions, however you state that the shows do not go into the suggestions folder, nor do they appear in the "My Shows" folder. 

I'd like to ask if you could check if Suggestions is set to record, to do this go to 

HOME>HELP & SETTINGS>SETTINGS>RECORDINGS>SUGGESTIONS

Move the red bar to No, and then select OK.

Once you've done this I'd have to ask you to monitor the recordings for a day or two to see if you still get an issue. 

Please let me know how you are getting on. 

Cheers and apologies once again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there All1son, 

Just thought I'd check with you to see how everything has gone. 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos