Menu
JaneBlows
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box does not seem to store any programmes for more than 6 weeks. I don't record a huge numer

I have had my TiVo box for 9 months. It doesn't seem to store any programmes longer than 6 weeks. It doesn't ask me before deleting them. At least I assume they are being deleted, or are they hiding somewhere? It's hopeless if I want to keep something. I really don't record a huge amount but definitely don't want to lose the Ashes highlight programmes. Help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My TiVo box does not seem to store any programmes for more than 6 weeks. I don't record a huge numer

Set those you want to keep 'keep until I delete' in series links or if it's an individual program highlight it and pick 'more options' (I think that's right. I'm not in front of my TiVo at the mo)

BUT do not put everything to KUID as it will cause a bug that will see a lot of deleted programmes with no way of retrieving them. 

Try ray looking in recently deleted folder at the bottom of the my shows page. Not guaranteeing it but they might be there. 

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My TiVo box does not seem to store any programmes for more than 6 weeks. I don't record a huge numer

Set those you want to keep 'keep until I delete' in series links or if it's an individual program highlight it and pick 'more options' (I think that's right. I'm not in front of my TiVo at the mo)

BUT do not put everything to KUID as it will cause a bug that will see a lot of deleted programmes with no way of retrieving them. 

Try ray looking in recently deleted folder at the bottom of the my shows page. Not guaranteeing it but they might be there. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TiVo box does not seem to store any programmes for more than 6 weeks. I don't record a hug...

Hi JaneBlows,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear that your recordings aren't sticking around.  Parrotperson has given some really useful tips here.  

How are things looking today?

If you're continuing to have any issues with TiVo®, let me know and I can help further.

I'll also pop this here: Discover TiVo® incase it maybe useful for you regarding some of the TiVo® recording features.

Keep us posted Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mike_gain
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's also worth checking the series links settings to make sure your series links aren't set to keep only 5 episodes. I usually set my series links to keep 25 episodes.

Edit: I should point out that this setting can be applied as a series link default so doesn't need to be applied to each new series link but would need to be changed for existing series links.