Menu
Mattspw
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My TV box, like several others on here, randomly turns itself on at around 3 AM.

My TV box, like several others on here, randomly turns itself on at around 3 AM. It is particularly inconvenient as it is linked to the sound system, so we are woken up abruptly. Can it be fixed or is it a case of living with it or switching to a different provider?
0 Kudos
Mattspw
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My TV box, like several others on here, randomly turns itself on at around 3 AM.

My TV box, like several others on here, randomly turns itself on at around 3 AM. How do I prevent this from happening? Unfortunately it is linked to my sound system and turns that on also!
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TV box, like several others on here, randomly turns itself on at around 3 AM.

Mine has been doing the same for the last two weeks (it's not rebooting). I thaught that it may be the remote malfunctioning but I've tried covering it and removing
the batteries, the TiVo still comes out of standby on it's own (usually between 1 & 2 am).
Also when watching Netflix in the early hours (2 to 3 am) I get the sound (when pressing the TV button on the remote) Netflix then exits and goes to live TV.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos