Menu
marilyn4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My Shows Folders

Why have Virgin landed this awful system of 'Folders' on their customers? We as customers were not consulted about this change. What right do Virgin have to alter systems (for the worse) without even asking our thoughts. I pay them a fortune monthly and they do not even have the manners to tell me this is happening or if I want a change. If the service was free then they would have carte blanche to do as they please. I am told this is a 'Global Update' and cannot be changed. More updates are in the pipeline and I for one will be ending my contract if 'Folders' are here for good. Hopefully the rest of the 'Updates' will be user friendly!!!  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Shows Folders

Olly wrote:
I found a work around, and coincidentally as I was about to post it steveF posted it too in the other thread about ungrouping

press green button, select to turn on left menu, add recordings to the categories (you can remove the others if you want), save settings. Now in My Shows select the recording category. If you want your deleted items folder etc select All..

I remembers what you left it on so you don't have to click my shows and then recordings. Phew!..

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/I-want-my-blue-button-back/m-p/3175433...

Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many of us agree, as other many thread. I prefer groups on but always used to quickly blue to check new recording to see any from HD channels, so watch first not run out of space. ("HD recordings" group only show programs flagged HD and not recording from HD channels still take up lots of space) Plus sometime check oldest ones to delet. It took seconds to press blue twice and quick check. Now you press 30 or so buttons and navigate through various options and end squashed in the middle the screen, so not help much anyway. Totally unnecessary nightmare.

It made worse by the Series links change mean no chose channels to record from anymore, (not needed to do this!!) resulting in more duplicates and having no controling over HD recording, again as  already in numerous threads. Forcing changes and converting my series links to all channels and deleting and reordering others without permission or even advising beforehand was poorly done..

I now move everything to freesat recording and Now TV although I will probly get Sky before the end of the year. I pay Virgin Media more than the combined total for gas, electric, water and mobile and it's just not good enough to watch tv.(most of free tv !!) Others might happy workaround problems but not me,..

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can turn off series link + in the menu and make it work the same way as the old series link

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

You can turn off series link + in the menu and make it work the same way as the old series link

Where please setting make like before, so I record channel 1 and 2 and not 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ?????????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm at work ATM but it's something like this

go to my shows highlight the program hit the left arrow go to manage series link, highlight where is says all for recording channels press the arrow until it says the channel you want it to record from

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

I'm at work ATM but it's something like this

go to my shows highlight the program hit the left arrow go to manage series link, highlight where is says all for recording channels press the arrow until it says the channel you want it to record from

No. I want series link 2 channels not one, like before. Now one delete other and all makes full of recording same things and stop other ones record even if new only. Never mind now I go to Sky and leave VM. Tivo is bad programming and too slow. Always making thing worse.

0 Kudos
Lorraine49
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I HATE these folder things and am so glad you've found a way to get rid of them.
0 Kudos