Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Multiroom streaming

So the other day I went to stream something I have recorded on another box and it wasn't working

my setup:

Downstairs box is called front-room

and the bedroom is called up-stairs

I recorded the strain on the box upstairs and wanted to watch it downstairs, but when I tried to connect to upstairs it came up that the box wasn't able to connect and there was a network error.

The boxes were fine the other week, nothing wrong with the ethernet cables as both boxes are connected to my network and assigned a dhcp ip address

I then messed with the settings, renamed the box upstairs to Master-Bedroom

The box downstairs was unable to see the change of name it still shows up-stairs but TV anywhere is able to see the change

I have had a tech out to have a look and he just stood there and scratched his head as he didn't know what he was doing and admitted that he didn't know. I have spoke to tech support and they don't know either Smiley Sad

It was working the other week just fine and now it isn't Smiley Sad

Any ideas? anyone else have had this issue and got it resolved?

The artist formally known as Swt4ajp
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Multiroom streaming

Just had a call from Neil (not sure which dept he was from) awesome chap seems to of got it fixed for me now Smiley Tongue

Seems the issue is with the smart cards and the switch to virtual cards. When the smart card is still inserted it isnt allowing the updates to happen accordingly.
So after removing the cards and performing a cold boot with both boxes it seems to now be working!

Great stuff!

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Multiroom streaming

Just had a call from Neil (not sure which dept he was from) awesome chap seems to of got it fixed for me now Smiley Tongue

Seems the issue is with the smart cards and the switch to virtual cards. When the smart card is still inserted it isnt allowing the updates to happen accordingly.
So after removing the cards and performing a cold boot with both boxes it seems to now be working!

Great stuff!

0 Kudos