Menu
Rehnn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Multiroom Options

Despite only signing up for Virgin a few days ago, we're already considering multi-room/multi-box (so my Partner & I can watch different things (her Movies - me College Football).

The option are somewhat confusing as the Virgin Media website gives somewhat a confusing picture.

The pages on Multiroom streaming at: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/ways-to-watch/multi-room-streaming/intro.html suggest all I need is:

• TV Subscription - Already got
  • 2nd TiVo box - will need to buy
  • Ethernet Connection - Already got (or can purchase Powerline adaptor cheaply)

That's it no extra subscriptions or anything else.

However the pages at http://store.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/set-top-boxes/multiroom.html suggest that if I want Multibox - I also need to pay an extra monthly fee (of either £6.50 or £11.50 depending on what exact setup I go for).

So I have a few questions:

1 - Can Multiroom streaming be used to watch two separate channels at the same time?

2 - Does Multiroom streaming involve any ongoing monthly costs (or any cost at all after the purchase of the second TiVo box?)

3 - What's the difference between Multiroom Streaming and Multibox?

4 - Any general advice/tips on which set-up to go for in our situation?

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiroom Options

Multiroom streaming is if you have 2 Tivos and you have recorded something on 1 of the Tivos then you can stream it to the other Tivo.
There are loads of restrictions involving this that for me it kills the opportunity.

Multiroom is what you are after so you will have to rent another box for minimum £6.50 a month or £11.50 if it's a Tivo.
If you went for the £6.50 option be aware that this box does not record but will have all the channels you have on your main Tivo.
Rehnn
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

BinghamBloke wrote:
Multiroom streaming is if you have 2 Tivos and you have recorded something on 1 of the Tivos then you can stream it to the other Tivo.
There are loads of restrictions involving this that for me it kills the opportunity.

Could I (for example), start recording a live TV program on the main TiVo box and start watching the recording on the 2nd box? (I.e. watch something on Tape delay) (as long as the channel is supported by Multiroom streaming)

If there any costs for Multiroom streaming?

BinghamBloke wrote:
Multiroom is what you are after so you will have to rent another box for minimum £6.50 a month or £11.50 if it's a Tivo.
If you went for the £6.50 option be aware that this box does not record but will have all the channels you have on your main Tivo.

Does the £6.50 option (with the V HD box) allow access to the full On Demand/Catch Up TV as well as live TV?

0 Kudos
Rehnn
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BinghamBloke wrote:

And - if I go with the full £11.50 2nd TiVo option - can I stream/watch recordings of all channels recorded on either box (e.g. Record a program one on box - and then watch it later on the other box)?

0 Kudos