Menu
ashipway
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Multi room Streaming - which channels can be watched

Hi

I have 3 TiVo boxes all of which are connected to my home network via Powerline adaptors. All boxes can therefore now see one another. In theory therefore I should be able to watch programmes recorded on my living room TiVo upstairs in the TiVo in the bedroom.  However it not quite that straight forward because due to licensing restrictions we are only allowed to watch a handful of channels.  One of the discussion threads did point towards a list of the channels that can be watched in multi room but it's broken. Does anyone know where I can find a list of channels that can be watched using multi room?

Thanks

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multi room Streaming - which channels can be watched

Think I read somewhere it's now everything except attheraces and in N. Ireland the RTE channels. I can stream everything I record, it works really well.
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've tried several different channels and not found one that doesn't work on MRS. I've not tried Attheraces and do not have the RTE channels.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
creynolds1956
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I stopped trying room to room streaming.  Most channels allowed this but I found that most BBC, ITV and Sky channels prevented this for "licensing" issues.  Not tried it recently so this may no longer be the case but I hope it's now allowed as I've just ordered 2 v6 boxes

0 Kudos
chrisbirkett
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For the benefit of people arriving on this thread in future, I can confirm that multiroom does now seem to support the main channels (BBC, ITV), which it didn't when I last tried in 2015. I'm surprised VM didn't make a big deal about it when the change went live - for us it will make a big difference.