Menu
mozza42
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Multi Room - Tivos not 'Seeing' Each Other

Hi all,

I have two Tivo boxes in the house, both with a Virgin subscription, and connected to my home network using powerline adaptors.

I understood that you could stream from one box to the other, which would be great in managing children's programmes...

When I first took the service, I was able to connect the boxes up, and for a brief moment they worked in harmony. Now they don't even see each other.

I have a PS4 running off Powerline on the home network which is able to happily download very quickly, stream HD video from Amazon and Netflix so I don't think there's a networking issue.

The TV anywhere app, and browsing same website from a laptop shows me both boxes.

I have attempted restarting the Tivo service on both boxes, pulled the power to both for 5 minutes but to no avail.

They just can't see each other! Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
mozza42
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multi Room - Tivos not 'Seeing' Each Other

Bumped for the Monday evening crew.

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multi Room - Tivos not 'Seeing' Each Other

Right....

Are they both on the same network?

Go to settings, network settings on both and tell both boxes to get an IP address from DHCP I think it is. This should refresh both boxes. You should see them in each other's My Shows then and stream recordings. It's possible too that you need to resynch your powerline adapters which is always a right pain in the arse. Are the powerlines going straight into the wall and not running off extensions?

Your set up needs to be something like

TiVo Box1 -- Ethernet -- Superhub -- Ethernet -- powerline1 - - - - - - powerline2 -- Ethernet -- TiVo Box2

or

TiVo Box1 -- Ethernet -- powerline1 - - - - - - powerline2 -- Ethernet -- Superhub

TiVo Box2 -- Ethernet -- powerline3- - - - - - powerline2 -- Ethernet -- Superhub

0 Kudos