Menu
Ozzie1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving to disabled adapted property

I have been on the waiting list for a disabled adapted property since the birth of my severely disabled son four years ago. I am now in the process of moving and sorting everything out.  I was hoping to continue with Virgin at my new address but there is no service provided by Virgin at my new place. I have six months left to run on my contract. I cannot delay the move because my son is suffering because our current property is so unsuitable for our son's needs.  Ive explained this to Virgin but they are insisting we still have to pay a penalty for ending the contract early. I say again, there is no Virgin service in the area where we are moving to so ending the contract early is through no fault of ours. Virgin seem to be extremely unbending about this. We are very poor. I only earn £900 a month plus my son's disability living allowance. I cannot even find an address to write to to try and appeal. Help. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to disabled adapted property

if VM will not drop the EDF you'll have to pay.

when you take out services you agree to keep the service at the current address for the minimum term. if you are moving to a non cable area you will have to cancel.

Have you called retentions (thinking of leaving) to see what they say.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ozzie1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us even though you are leaving us Smiley Sad 

When you sign up to a contract with us, you are agreeing for us to supply you with the services at that address for that time. As you are moving, you are technically breaking the contract. 

If you move to a cabled area, we are happy to transfer the services however this comes with a one off charge and a new 12 month contract. If you move to a non cabled area then we can set the account to cancel but this would invoke an early termination fee. 

Due to the circumstances surrounding the move I would like to take a look in to this in a bit more detail. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ozzie1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I have received and replied to your private message. 

0 Kudos