Menu
moore_samantha3
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving tivo box

Want to change where tivo box is in my sons room, but wire to short can I buy extention or will I have to get engineer out
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving tivo box

Virgin Media have make own coax cabling that can't be bought from a store, so you'd have to pay the callout fee of £99 to get the kit relocated.

+Add: Any move greater than 5 meters will require attenuators etc etc. Using random coax cables from a store will knock your connection offline and all the people in your part of the network will be taken offline too by a SNR fault. Which would result in your property being cut off and you being charged.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving tivo box

a call to retentions is always worth while - they have been known to waive or lower the charge if you are out of contract

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos