Menu
swkisko29
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving my TiVo box!

Advice please,

I want to move my TiVo box to the other side of my living room but the cables aren't long enough. Should I ring virgin and get a engineer out or can I just get cable from somewhere and do it myself? If so what would I need? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving my TiVo box!

You have to get Virgin Media to do this and there will be a £99 charge.

Is it possible to leave the TiVo where it is and put the TV in the new position with a long HDMI cable?

0 Kudos
fletch26
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As long as it's inside just get a cable and do it yourself - http://www.screwfix.com/p/satellite-lead-f-plug-to-f-plug-5m/39644

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi swkisko29,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and let you know that we will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and relocate any equipment if you wish.  As Ernie_C has mentioned this will cost £99 which is added to your account.  This will ensure that all leads are the correct length and any signal adjustments required will be done also.  

Depending on how far the box is being moved, if a significant length of cable was required in addition to your current setup, this may mean the signal needs to be adjusted.  If you were to carry out this work yourself and the signal to the service wasn't sufficient due to the changes made then this may impact the quality of the service.  Potential disruption like pictures freezing/pixelation, missing channels etc can occur, in worst case scenario a total loss of service.

If our engineers were to carry out this work for you we can check this out for you after we relocate the equipment.

Just wanted to let you know so you can decide what's best for you Smiley Happy

If you would like to go ahead with one of our engineers, give me a shout.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

fletch26 wrote:

As long as it's inside just get a cable and do it yourself - http://www.screwfix.com/p/satellite-lead-f-plug-to-f-plug-5m/39644

... and using this specification of cable will almost certainly lead to the issues identified above for both you and potentially your neighbours.