Menu
Wrights125
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving house

We are planning to move house and I was wondering will my recorded programmes be deleted when we reconnect to our new house ?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving house

Wrights125 wrote:
We are planning to move house and I was wondering will my recorded programmes be deleted when we reconnect to our new house ?

What's on the STB's hard drive would stay on the STB's hard drive (until it reaches that 90% full mark where it starts auto-deleting old recordings to free up space), you're going to take your equipment with you when doing the home move.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Wrights125,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I can see you've met our lovely community members Shelke and Parrotperson already.  They've both given you some very useful information here in regards to your query of whether or not your recordings would be lost or not.  

I just wanted to add that if in the event your box has to be swapped (Hopefully you won't need to), whilst recordings couldn't be recovered, you can copy over the settings relating to Series Links, Wish Lists and Thumbs Ratings.  If you ever need the instructions on how to do this, they can be found here: How to copy TiVo® settings.

I hope it won't come to swapping the boxes over, but we like to make sure you have all you need to know where possible.  

I hope the house move goes well and as stress free as possible.  If you need anything or have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Wrights125 wrote:

What's on the STB's hard drive would stay on the STB's hard drive (until it reaches that 90% full mark where it starts auto-deleting old recordings to free up space), you're going to take your equipment with you when doing the home move.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just be aware that for technical reasons you can't always take your current box with you so you may lose your recordings if you have to have a new box. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Wrights125,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I can see you've met our lovely community members Shelke and Parrotperson already.  They've both given you some very useful information here in regards to your query of whether or not your recordings would be lost or not.  

I just wanted to add that if in the event your box has to be swapped (Hopefully you won't need to), whilst recordings couldn't be recovered, you can copy over the settings relating to Series Links, Wish Lists and Thumbs Ratings.  If you ever need the instructions on how to do this, they can be found here: How to copy TiVo® settings.

I hope it won't come to swapping the boxes over, but we like to make sure you have all you need to know where possible.  

I hope the house move goes well and as stress free as possible.  If you need anything or have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wrights125 wrote:

Assume it's more likely than not that you will lose all your recordings, and plan accordingly.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos