Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving a Tivo Box

I currently have a virgin Tivo box in my front room
we also had a second old V box connected to a second line
in our other downstairs room , which has not been used in a
long time .
We are swapping the downstairs rooms around and so I need to
connect the Tivo box to the other line in back room.
Is there anything that needs to be done to prepare for this or
can I just move the box and connect it to the second line ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving a Tivo Box

The TiVo can be somewhat sensitive power level wise, so if you have any attenuators on the back of the STB or on the other end of its cable then have those put on when you relocate the STB. It may or may not need them, but it's worth doing to ensure the signal it receives is OK.

Yes you could just swap them between the different coax points, hopefully it would go without any power level issues needing adjusted for the TiVo.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

it should just work

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The TiVo can be somewhat sensitive power level wise, so if you have any attenuators on the back of the STB or on the other end of its cable then have those put on when you relocate the STB. It may or may not need them, but it's worth doing to ensure the signal it receives is OK.

Yes you could just swap them between the different coax points, hopefully it would go without any power level issues needing adjusted for the TiVo.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
adoptedmariner
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply , I had a look and can't see anything apart from cables between the splitter where the main cable comes into the house and the Tivo box , so hopefully when the swap happens there won't be any issues.

Thanks once again for the help

0 Kudos