Menu
leolady68
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving Tivo box

Hi, moved Tivo box from one room to another, put a split cable on the ariel from one room and fed it through to mine.  Box switches on and starts up, however, when it comes to installing software, it can't find a connection.......why? I only moved the box, nothing else :-(

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Tivo box

May just be the way you've described this but TiVo doesn't use an ariel. 

Presumably you've got the cable plugged into the back of the TiVo and the TiVo connected by hdmi/scart to a telly?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The TiVO has to connect to Virgin's coax network cable to operate. If you want to use it in another room, you will need an engineer callout to extend the cable & adjust the signal levels. As its a non fault callout there would be a £99 charge for the alterations.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's not a good idea to interfear with the cable between the wall & the TiVo this should only be done by virgin. It's okay connect & reconnect say a new tv to connections coming from the box. Good luck hope the problem gets solved. Micky 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
leolady68
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes, it loads up, but says that it can't connect ....I think this is to the hub :-(

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have messed with Virgin's white coax cable, then you are likely to cause problems with your installation. What is worse, use of any non standard cabling or connectors could actually cause radio "noise" to leak back onto Virgin's network. This then gets amplified by the cabinet in the street & all your neighbours connections get affected.

As said before, if you need alterations to the cabling, get Virgin in.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there leolady68, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a few issues with your TiVo®. 

I'd like to get a few things clear, so if you could answer my following questions it would be much appreciated. 

1)You state you have split the aerial, is this the White coax cable that we supplied to your TiVo® when it was in the other room, or is it a wire from a rooftop aerial?

2)If you place the TiVo® back in it's original location, does it load up?

I'd love to help you get to the bottom of this. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos