Menu
TAF1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moving House and lost my equipment

Hi, I recently moved house and couldn't get virgin in the area so i was forced to cancel. I had the tivo box and broadband modem for a month before throwing it away not thinking i would need to give it back. Now I've just got a email about sending it back and if i don't i will be charged over £100 which i cant afford.

Really annoyed that they wouldn't have told me on the phone when i canceled to hold onto the equipment to send back.

What to do now because i don't have the money to pay for it. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
timboishere
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving House and lost my equipment

Clearly an honest mistake on your part but in Virgins defence it is their equipment. This is almost certainly not the way to deal with it though. they are hardly likely to get back to you on here when they do not get back about the massive problems they are having with thier Tivo service a the moment.

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only thing to do is own up and be honest. When you took out TiVo the contract would've stated that its their equipment and always belongs  to them. Ignorance is no defence I'm afraid. You may be able to come to an arrangement with them. 

TAF1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah i'm just a bit upset that they wouldn't tell me on cancellation. That really should be a standard protocol when dealing with leaving customers. 

0 Kudos
TAF1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hopefully i can arrange some small repayments back. Its just a kick in the teeth when you've been a long customer and make a small mistake and get heavily fined  :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TAF1,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that we are unable to provide service to your new property.

Upon account cancellations, prepaid returns packaging should have been ordered for your equipment return.

I've had a look at your account and can see that you have spoken to us regarding this since your post, and a complaint has been raised for you. This will be assigned to a member of our Complaints Team, who will be in touch with you about this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos