Menu
hippyjim
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Modify existing series link says there's a clash due to disk space

I've several wishlists and series links set up. I have 50% disk space used.

I tried to modify an existing series link to make sure it was set to "keep until I delete".

When I went to save the changes, I was told there was a clash - with 3 other shows on a different date. The clash said it was due to disk space.

I delete things immediately after watching, and rarely get above 70% disk used.

Not enough disk space? How do you know there won't be?Not enough disk space? How do you know there won't be?

Having spoken to the Virgin Twitter folks (Thanks, "KT"!), I tried "reconnecting" to the network, and tried a reboot. The only change, is that now it doesn't clash with Click any more - but the other 2 shows say they still clash. I've been too chicken to save the change as I don't want to lose the other shows.

One of the listed shows is due to a wishlist search - the chosen actor is a guest on the Graham Norton show that night - surely that one would automatically not be recorded if there's a clash anyway?

This is hardly earth shattering as the series link is still set up - but it's not the first weird non-existent clash warning I've had and I have a few new series links to set up soon. I'm worried I'll not be able to set them without wiping existing links.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Modify existing series link says there's a clash due to disk space

Because I use KUID, I see this from time to time. The box tries to work out how much space it will need for recordings over the next couple of weeks and, since KUID means it cannot delete a recording, it may then suggest that there will be insufficient space for all planned recordings.

Like you, I tend to delete recordings once watched, so I tend to ignore these warnings as I know that the space issue will have sorted itself out by the time it gets to recording these programmes.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos

All Replies
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Because I use KUID, I see this from time to time. The box tries to work out how much space it will need for recordings over the next couple of weeks and, since KUID means it cannot delete a recording, it may then suggest that there will be insufficient space for all planned recordings.

Like you, I tend to delete recordings once watched, so I tend to ignore these warnings as I know that the space issue will have sorted itself out by the time it gets to recording these programmes.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
hippyjim
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - makes sense. I'm gonna keep a close eye anyway to make sure everything records as it should - not that I'm paranoid or anything!

0 Kudos