Menu
bethmeph
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Missing Recordings - All gone from before April 2016

All my recordings prior to April this year have vanished from my TiVO box (very frustrating, as I had entire series saved to watch and now the first halves have gone). I rang and explained that I have double checked everything (series link settings are set to keep all, the shows aren't in recently deleted, and because the shows were recorded and have just vanished there is nothing in recording glitches) I was told I'd get a call back explaining what's gone wrong.
I am thinking this is a glitch with the latest update, the shows were all there last week and I cannot think of any other reason for all recordings prior to April being gone, but all recordings between April - now are still there - surely if it was a fault with the TiVO box would corrupt/delete all recordings?
Anyway, I have mourned the loss of my shows and am beginning to come to terms that I will never see this series of The 100 or Arrow. It must be the universe telling me to stop watching so much telly, I would still like to know what happened to cause the error and if we need a new TiVO box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Recordings - All gone from before April 2016

Hi bethmeph,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost a lot of your recordings.  I hope all is not lost as some may be available via our On Demand service.  Have a look via our online On Demand Schedule to see if any of your favourite programmes are there.  

I would like to check for any underlying issues if possible, currently I haven't been able to locate your account.  I will request further details in a private message.  Look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

bethmeph wrote:

All my recordings prior to April this year have vanished from my TiVO box (very frustrating, as I had entire series saved to watch and now the first halves have gone). I rang and explained that I have double checked everything (series link settings are set to keep all, the shows aren't in recently deleted, and because the shows were recorded and have just vanished there is nothing in recording glitches) I was told I'd get a call back explaining what's gone wrong.
I am thinking this is a glitch with the latest update, the shows were all there last week and I cannot think of any other reason for all recordings prior to April being gone, but all recordings between April - now are still there - surely if it was a fault with the TiVO box would corrupt/delete all recordings?
Anyway, I have mourned the loss of my shows and am beginning to come to terms that I will never see this series of The 100 or Arrow. It must be the universe telling me to stop watching so much telly, I would still like to know what happened to cause the error and if we need a new TiVO box.

It is a very very well known frequent fault going back years. Virgin go through the same motions every time it gets reported.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Deleted-programmes/m-p/3056688#M13199...

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
bethmeph
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

I've replied to your message with the account details.
As all the recordings that have gone missing are from over 2 months ago, they are not available on demand. I have the second half of all the series I'm missing but not the first half, so the latest episodes aren't much use.

Beth
0 Kudos
bethmeph
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All hope is lost then. I just hope I get some money off my bill for the inconvenience so I can at least buy the boxsets they've deleted!
0 Kudos