Menu
Jane011
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Missing Channels

We do not often want to watch TV on the Tivo, but the other night I wanted to watch Sky1.  Turned on the Tivo and found out we do not have it.  We did not long ago, was this to do with the unnotified price rise?  We no longer have Sky 1, syfy or anything like that, and it is missing from the Virgin anywhere app too so assume you have decided to remove it in order to charge more for people that want it.  Of course I could be mistaken and it could be a case of someone having made a mistake?  We were on M+ and we wanted a Virgin box because we wanted Sky 1 and Syfy.

I live in the vain hope that someone from Virgin will answer this.

I am getting more and more frustrated with Virgin, the Tivo box is incredibly slow, the app is now very slow too, and the worst thing of all - no complaints email address.

Quite seriously, once we are out of contract I think we will be leaving, it has become rather pointless.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing Channels

few virgin staff come on here. it is a community forum, although some mods are able to help. however there is usually a wait of a week or so before they get round to helping. best bet is to phone them to find your current package status and what you should be getting.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Jane011
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The fact that this has not been replied to by Virgin says it all.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

few virgin staff come on here. it is a community forum, although some mods are able to help. however there is usually a wait of a week or so before they get round to helping. best bet is to phone them to find your current package status and what you should be getting.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jane011,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

If this channel still isn't working for you I would like to find out why so I'm  just going to send you a private message requesting further details which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Jane011,

Thanks for responding to my private messageg I was able to check this for you and I can see that your package doesn't include Sky1.

I have added a link here which will give you a list of every package and channel we provide so you can check the best package for you.

You can also check what package you're on by either checking your bill or logging into the Virgin Media website here.

If you have any further queries please let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jane011
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But it used to include Sky.  We were not informed that it was going to stop including it, that was why we were puzzled.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Jane001

Many thanks for taking the time to come back to us.

From what we can see you actively changed your service package with us for the TV recently. This is the reason why Sky 1 and Syfy are no longer available through the tier you now subscribe to. The link Rose provided you with will show you which channels are available in which tier.

If you are looking to make a change to increase the service levels back to a package that does include those channels then it would be great if you could get in touch with us as our teams would love to help!

You can contact them to look at supporting you with this this either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

Via these options our teams can clear security with you and support you with billing or packages queries. As the forums are public, supporting you in this way is the best way to keep your data confidential.

Just keep in touch and let us know how this goes for you Smiley Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jane011
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No, we did not actively change the TV service with yourselves.  The change happened before we decided we were paying too much, I seem to recall seeing the channels missing previous to the phone call, .  It was changed before this and without our knowledge,( I saw the channels missing on the app but just thought it was a problem with that), just as much as the charge was put up without our knowledge.  We have not been informed of anything just lately. And we certainly will not be paying extra for something which we were previously getting.

When my husband called to cancel the account and was essentially bribed to stay he was not informed anything would be taken away, in fact he was under the impression everything would remain the same.  At that point I had not thought to check if the channels were still missing.

We have been your customers for quite a few years, if this is the way you treat your loyal customers then you will be losing them, we certainly will not be hanging around at the end of the contract.

0 Kudos