Menu
toni3001
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Missed Direct Debit - Charging me again!!

Hi all, so i missed my direct debit that was due to go out on the 12th of this month, I paid the amount off on the 14th once i realised the direct debit hadnt been taken. Anyway, I have just recieved another email to let me know there is another payment to be paid even though I cleared the amount last week, and i have just noticed that there is now no direct debit set up on my account but I cannot set it back up until I have cleared the amount (which i cannot do until payday next week). Has anyone else had this happen to them? I have tried to ring virgin 4 times this evening and cannot get through.

Any replys would be appreciated, its got me stressed!! Smiley LOL

Toni

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missed Direct Debit - Charging me again!!

I'm afraid that this can't be dealt with on here due to the data protection act. You'll need to phone in. I'm sure if you explain the situation they'll sort it out with you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missed Direct Debit - Charging me again!!

Hi toni3001,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having a new face on board with us Smiley Happy

In any given billing cycle, the bill is usually drawn up before the Direct Debit date. In essence, the payment is due immediately but if we have a direct debit agreement, we take the payment on that date. In your case as you've mentioned, the 12th. 

If this fails then the Direct Debit is cancelled to ensure you don't get charged again. 

You new bill will be generated the same date every month so as there is now no Direct Debit, the payment will be due right away. 

Don't panic though as you still have until your next bill is generated before it's needed. 

As you've already found out, you need to have a £0 balance before you can re set up your direct debit. Make sure as soon as you get paid, pay the outstanding and set up the direct debit right away. This should then go through in time for the next month. 

If you need any help with this, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos