Menu
Matt56
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Miss selling of package

I rang virgin media a couple months ago to cancel my account. I was sick of the price constantly going up 3 times in space of 6 months including introductory offer. I got through to the India call centre and they offered me the package I am on now 100mb Big Bang bundle (not sure what it is called now) and phone plus sky sports put in as well fixed for 12 months.

It did sound to good to be true and I was a bit skeptic of it but I made sure to ask 3 or 4 times if the price was fixed and not going to go up at all (percentage increase or introductory offers) and I was assured every time I asked that it would not go up and the first month it was £41 and now it comes through at £45.

So I rang up and got through to the uk call centre, now I've been told that the package had the sky sports on a 3 months discount and that my account is going to be affected by percentage increases.

Where do I stand here because I have blatently been miss sold this product and what are virgin media able to do to sort this out if they can because if they can't I will want it taken out because I know I will be in my rights to have it removed because they have Miss sold this product to me at the very beginning.
Kelly11
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Miss selling of package

Hi Matt56,

I have a similar issue. Joined Virgin media just under 2 months now, signed up with a virgin media agent outside the local Asda. He gave me a contract which states on it i would recieve the Big house bundle xl, 100 vivd (wifi) and phone line for £49 per month and no installation/activation charge. The agent also promised me id recieve sky movies and sky sports he stated to me that he would give me 6 months free trial of both sky movies and sky sports. I agreed as previously I was with sky and receiving both movies and sports. This was thr deal breaker for me or i would have never joined virgin media.

Anyway, since I've had virgin media installed(3 weeks now) I noticed I only have sky movies so I've contacted this agent numerous times via text messages. I have these text messages where he is agreeing that virgin should have put sky sports onto my package for me as he has informed them to do this numerous times (his words). He reassured me he would have it sorted by the end of this week.

I receive my bill 2 days ago and notice that it is £126 nothing like the 2 months (£49 x 2) I expected. All this week I've been on the phone to virgin media customer service, been promised they would look into this and I'd receive a phone call back......and nothing.

Today I've noticed my wifi and TV has been disconnected so back on the phone to virgin media I go. I speak to a lady in customer serice (I have the names of the agents I've spoken to) who asks me for the name of the agent and his contact number, she puts me on hold to speak with him. In a nutshell he states I'm lying and he did not agree to sky sports or movies and in fact I have it all wrong and that the reason my bill is £126 is because I'm getting extra fast broad band. This totally contradicts what's on the contract he gave me. Customer service lady asked me to email her my contact and proof of texts messages between myself and agent and she gives me her word she would call me back today. I email her all proof, text messages and the contract i was given. Guess what, no phone call back.

I really don't know what to do, I am so sick of this company. I have totally been miss sold a product and no one at the other end of the phone to deal with this. I've had an agent blatantly lie and now I'm without broadband or Internet and bill for £126.

I will take this further via ofcom and also visit my local add a to explain that these people are miss selling products outside there establishment. If I have to go to the newspapers I will.
0 Kudos
AM-PM
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the long post.
Hi I was also harassed by sales calls. I repeatedly advised I didn't want to upgrade my current package as the package I had was affordable at this time. £45 per month ish. I also said I was happy with our current pack. She asked if we like to watch sport, I confirmed my hubby watches football and I enjoy F1 and tennis but obviously we didn't need it as we wouldn't be able to watch it until our daughter had gone to bed. She asked if there were children in the house (obviously there was as my daughter was crying in the background and for the last 10 minutes I had said that's why we didn't want to upgrade our package).
She said she could add all of the sports channels and upgrade the kids package to include Disney for a small increase of £5 per month. I asked for a call back the next evening while I discussed this with my hubby (the account holder) before committing to this.
I spoke to my hubby and he thought it was a fabulous deal.
The following day my husband called the sales team to agree the package but he was told the package offered wasn't noted on the account... However, they agreed to a FREE SPORT UPGRADE for ***6 *** months... full price there after for 12 month contract.
He declined and waited for the sales caller to ring back, which they did.
He was on the phone to the India based sales team for well in excess of 25 minutes discussing the details.
(Saturday =football day) only the "BT" sports channel and Disney channels had been added(full house package).Sunday... still no Sky sports.
I called to find out what the problem might be .I was told that I'd upgraded to the full house package and these were the only channels included.
Obviously we asked if we could cancel this upgrade and have the "6 months free sports package" , the adviser could not see the offer so couldn't honour it and offered a call back from a manager within 2 hours to resolve my issue.
I waited for 2 days...😴
I called them and was transferred upon request directly to a manager who advised that she would need to contact the sales team to have all of the calls reviewed she even offered to give me Sky sports FREE FOR ****1**** month possibly ***3*** but couldn't change my package to what was promised or give the 6 month promo. I was advised to wait for a couple of weeks and then she'd get back to me.
I reiterated "THE UPGRADED PACKAGE WAS NOT NEEDED AND NOT WANTED" we wanted it removed and not charged as it was sold by misrepresentation and we were not willing to pay for a service that wasn't required.
Due to family illness I have been unable to chase. (Will be calling tomorrow).
Has your problem been resolved?
0 Kudos
Kelly11
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Similar to what happened with me. I spent hours, days in fact calling VM, no one wanted to help. I was even told that the manager for my region was too busy to speak to me but would call me back. Haha what a joke that was, if only I had been given £1 for everytime I was told someone would call me back; I'd be rich. I settled with a £6 rolling credit each month to bring my bill down to £49. However I'm left with a package I didn't originally sign up for as I didn't receive sky sports 6months promo either. This is by far the worst company ever. I'd rather pay double with Sky TV than to ever EVER sign up with VM again.
0 Kudos
Matt56
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well I got an update to this dilemma yesterday after been passed around through every department possible in the call centre I got passed to a snotty nose rude complaints woman who said that because I had sign a contract that said the sky sports was a promo and nothing about my bill been fixed that there was nothing she could or was going to do and just point blank refused to let me talk at all to try and explain that i signed that contract because I was told it was "only part" of the contract and the rest was due to be sent out and he'd amended it on the system.

So Once this contract is up virgin is getting taken out and I'm going to sky see what they can do for me it's got to be a damn sight better than these oxygen thieves!