Menu
BadgerLady
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Menu shows on HDMI but no picture

Composite works fine (apart from giving a grainy picture on my projector). However, on HDMI the menus work perfectly and I can hear TV channels - I just can't see them.

Have done multiple resets and gone through video output settings with no luck. Help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Menu shows on HDMI but no picture

Usually this is a problem with the HDCP (content protection) handshake. Try another HDMI lead if you can.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
BadgerLady
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but that's trickier than you might think... firstly because I don't have another one that connects to the 'Computer' socket of my projector and would likely have to order one online (I'm flying back to Australia Thursday morning)... also because the current one is fed through my ceiling and takes some real physical effort to replace.

This cable did work until very recently - I only unplugged it to use with my laptop, which was fine - so not sure what could have changed...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BadgerLady,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with getting a picture via HDMI from your TiVo.

I've been able to run tests to your TiVo boxes and they both check out fine. Please test this with a different HDMI cable, as nodrogd recommended, when you're back home and let us know if this fixes the problem. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
BadgerLady
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Too late - I'm heading back to Australia in 2 hours.

Might as well just cancel one of the TiVo boxes - we'll just get an Android instead, much easier than messing about with the cables!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BadgerLady,

Sorry to hear that, if you would like to cancel your second TiVo, please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or contact us via WebChat on Contact Us so that the changes can be put through on your account.

We certainly hope you have a lovely and safe trip back to Australia. 

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos