Menu
rogerwright100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Menu of My Shows on second TV box

Hi,

i have a V6 box connected via Wi-Fi in the lounge and a TiVo box connected via Ethernet in the study. When the V6 box was installed and the TiVo moved everything worked fine and I could see the My Shows menu from each device on the other and play the programmes between them. The menu I saw from the other box was the same format as all the other menus.

I had to move the TiVo box earlier and turned it off, unplugged it, moved the furniture and then plugged it all back in. I can still see the menus and play programmes between the boxes but now the menu looks like it was back in the 1990s rather than the neat slick menus for everything else. Each box on their own if normal, just the other box My Shows menu.

Any ideas how to get the original look back please?

Thank you in advance!

Roger

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Menu of My Shows on second TV box

Weird never seen that, can you play shows from the other box.

probably just need to reset both boxes again or wait for things to update properly..

0 Kudos
rogerwright100
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can play TiVo programmes on V6 but not V6 programmes on TiVo although can see the V6 programmes on the TiVo. Yes, have reset both boxes.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rogerwright100

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box and we're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment. I hope this means that the service is working as it should at the moment? 

If not, reboot the box once more and get in touch so we can run some more testsMan Happy

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rogerwright100
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Reset both boxes again, V6 first and then Tivo and both started seeing the other box's programmes and could play them back, as well as the menus coming back in the new format so all sorted thank you.

Regards

Roger

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I know it's sorted but is this what you were seeing:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/My-Shows-in-Lo-Res-Standard-Def/m-p/29...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
rogerwright100
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4DDS,

Different colour scheme but essentially yes, exactly that. Although both V6 and TiVo could see the recordings on the other box neither could play them from the other until after the reboot of the V6 first, and then the TiVo.

Cheers

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's what I found, you can see each others recordings but can't play them. I found that just leaving the boxes for a few minutes was enough to cure the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos